1813 Despite threat of British attack on Annapolis and own illness, Archbishop John Carroll visits Annapolis to administer Confirmation at Carroll House chapel.
1817 Archbishop Ambroise Maréchal encourages Carroll of Carrollton to “do something for the future good of Religion” by paying salary of a clergyman at Annapolis.
1821 Carroll transfers title to part of his property land for a church to his granddaughter, Mary Anne Patterson.
1823 First St. Mary's Church opens; served monthly by Jesuits from Prince George’s County (until 1853).
1833 Rev. Charles Constantine Pise, first Annapolitan to become a priest, former chaplain of the U.S. Senate, and renowned Catholic writer, returns as resident pastor of St. Mary’s for one year.
1852 Carroll of Carrollton’s four granddaughters give Carroll property in Annapolis to Redemptorists for their novitiate on the condition that the house, garden, and enclosure back and front “be always consecrated to Religion.”
1853 St. Mary’s Church property conveyed to Redemptorists; first Redemptorists arrive to replace Jesuits and establish permanent parish.
1855 St. John Neumann, C.Ss.R., Bishop of Philadelphia, visits Redemptorist novitiate.
1857 Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos C.Ss.R., serves briefly (April 16–May 19) as superior and novice master at St. Mary’s.
1858 St. John Neumann blesses cornerstone and bell for new St. Mary’s Church; St. Mary’s Cemetery established on West Street.
1859 Ground broken for new college building (now St. Mary’s Rectory).
1860 New church dedicated; college building occupied.
1862 Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos returns as rector (June 14, 1862–November 17, 1863); St. Mary’s School opens in old church with lay teachers.
1866 Catholic free school for African Americans in operation.
1867 School Sisters of Notre Dame take charge of St. Mary’s School.
1868 Our Lady of Perpetual Help icon installed in the novitiate chapel.
1878 Parish celebrates 25 years of Redemptorist arrival and establishment of permanent parish.
1880 St. Mary’s Hall opens on site of old church/school.
1898 Spanish prisoners captured in Cuba and incarcerated at Naval Academy visit St. Mary’s.