Middle School Faith Formation (Gr 6-8)
Middle School youth ministry is for adolescents in grades six, seven and eight. It is designed to meet their educational, spiritual, emotional, and social needs. Classes meet on Sunday mornings from 9 to 10:10 AM at St. Mary's High School beginning in September and ending in April.
Goals of Middle School Youth Ministry
- Foster a transforming spiritual experience of Jesus through the liturgy, allowing young adolescents to have a profound experience with the Word of God and the Eucharist.
- Create a positive experience of the Catholic Church for young adolescents.
- Assist middle school youth in gaining an understanding and appreciation for what the Catholic Church teaches and believes.
- Incorporate the Catholic Church's vision of social justice and peace into their spiritual life.
- Develop an identity in middle school youth and in our ministry as being a vital and visual presence within the Parish.
Mrs. Colleen Mitsopoulos
Coordinator of Middle School Youth Ministry & Confirmation